SleepyHead is open-source, cross platform, sleep tracking software by JediMark with a focus on monitoring CPAP treatment.
It currently works with the following machines and equipment:
- Philips Respironics System One (450P models and above, lesser model numbers are not data capable!)
- ResMed S9 families (Not the Escape models, as they are not data capable)
- Fisher & Paykel Icon (It's still a work in progress, but it's getting quite good)
- DeVilbiss Intellipap CPAP/Auto (These machines don't store flow waveforms)
- Full support for Contec CMS50D+/E/F (USB serial) oximeters prior to firmware 3.7, but it does support importing from these SpO2Review software exports for these device models with newer firmware.
- ResMed S9's oximeter attachment .
- Support for ChoiceMMed MD300W1 oximeter .dat file support has recently been added.
SleepyHead is currently in pre-release software, so please don't expect perfection yet.
SleepyHead works on Linux, Mac 10.6.x and above, and Windows XP and above.
It's memory requirements are (as of recent changes) now fairly modest, it can be a hog if session caching is left on. If you've got at least a 1GB RAM, you'll be fine.
SleepyHead can be a bit of disk space pig, because by default it create SD cards backups, because certain CPAP machines otherwise prune data. These automatic backups are important when upgrading to a new version, because SleepyHead is still a work in progress, and the database often needs to be rebuilt from these backups during an upgrade.
Depending on your machine, count on 500MB to 1GB of disk space spare per year of CPAP data you're hoarding.
If your computer does not support a OpenGL 2.0 capable graphics processor, look for a BrokenGL version of SleepyHead. These builds are not as fast, but should run pretty much anywhere that can support Qt5.
Intel Graphics Users
This website may help identify whether or not your video card supports OpenGL 2.0 Supported graphics APIs and features
If your graphics chip does support OpenGL2.0 and you still have graph rendering/font problems, make sure you have the absolute latest video drivers available from intel.
You can always find the latest version available from here.
You still need to build from source to get the latest version.
To-do list for 1.0 release.
Feature Requests (IdeaTorrent, share or vote on your favourite new features & ideas)
About Sleep Apnea (at Wikipedia)
CPAP.com (A good place to buy CPAP machines and related equipment.)
About This Wiki
Consult the MediaWiki User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.